Thursday, January 23, 2014

Overcomers through Christ-Testimony Time


Verse of the Day: Revelations 2:7
He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.”
Are we listening to the Spirit of God? We need our spiritual ears turned up to overcome through Christ. He will direct our path and in the end we will eat of the tree of life, which is everlasting life. Here is a short version of my testimony.
Growing up I was molested as a young child, brought up in a broken home, but the little bit of Christ put in me never left me. As a teen, my boyfriend was a married man, I was having sex, using drugs, and consuming alcohol regularly. I began to sell drugs and run the streets heavily as a young adult. Partying and making money was my way of life, but Christ was still with me.
Basketball kept me grounded though. I played through high school but with all the distractions, I was not as good as I could have been. I did get a scholarship to PJC which I blew by getting kicked out for alcohol and partying. God still gave me a second chance at another scholarship at Shaw University which I blew for drugs and pursuing music.  I ended up getting involved with the wrong crowd, signing with a record label, and caught up in theft and all kinds of evil, but God never left me.
I ended up prostituting myself and working in strip clubs, but God even sent people to me during this rough time. He continued to watch over me. My life continued with more drug sales and a lifestyle in the fast lane. This soon came to a halt when I got the revelation that I was pregnant. I told God if I was pregnant I would give my life to him and 3 months later, I was baptized and filled with the Holy Ghost. Amen! Those things that had me bound were no longer holding me back and I was set free by the Lamb of God!
Revelation 12:11 (KJV)
And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.”

2 Corinthians 5:17 (KJV)

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.”
Halleluyah! I was no longer “Dirty Red”, my alias, I was now who God created me to be, a child of the most High God! I am an overcomer through Christ who saved me from a world of sin. And now I stand firm on the Rock, Jesus Christ, the anchor of my soul. Nothing can take me away from the love of Christ!

Romans 8:35-39 (KJV)

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.  For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
Have you overcome through the blood of Jesus? What is your testimony? Now I can boldly say, “I am an overcomer!”
Walk in the Spirit,
Prophetess Deanna Mack
 

No comments:

Post a Comment