Wednesday, January 22, 2014

He Watches Over Me-Testimony Time




Verse of the Day: Psalm 145:20

“The Lord watches over all who love Him, but all the wicked He will destroy.”

What does it mean to love the Lord? Is it a mere outward professing of our love to the Lord or is it in the inward focus on the heart towards God? God watches over us all, even when we are yet in sin, He is still watching over us. But the righteous, will be delivered out of all their troubles. Those troubles that come up against the righteous will not prosper not will they quench their love for God. It is these trials that make them stronger which God allows for them to prosper and grow in the faith, a refining by fire.

The Lord says He will destroy the wicked. These are the people who refuse God no matter what. Some, unfortunately, will not acknowledge God, will not serve God, will continue to do evil even in the sight of His love and salvation throughout their lives. These are the ones who will never choose the ways of God because they rather have darkness than the light. The wicked will not stand in the day of judgment, but those who call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

So God is looking at the heart of His people. He is so merciful and mighty to save that we can deny God and still come back to Him, and He will again receive us. Isn’t that just simply amazing, His grace. Amen! I denied God for a short time after being a believer, and God came to me in a vision and revealed himself to me through the Lord Jesus. I repented and came back to the Lord and I am forgiven. I am forever grateful for the love of God in my life.

When I was yet in sin, drinking, partying, using drugs, selling drugs, and the list goes on…God was still there sending people to me to pull me out of the fire. He answered my prayers to get me out of trouble and later I turned to Him. Love is patient and love is kind. Thank God for patience and love for me!

He never let my foot slip. One example of God’s amazing love for me is when I was going to the club by myself. I was getting high on some of the weed I was selling at the time. I had a bottle of liquor in the car, an unregistered Dillinger, and a whole bag full of guts from cigars leftover from rolling up the weed. I was a mess. I was looking for love and never knew God was right there and that’s exactly what he wanted to give me…love!

When I got to the club, I was stopped by an officer who told me I was illegally parked. I had parked on the slanted lines instead of a parking place because the lot was pretty full and I was high. I had seen the officers standing there but being under the influence I didn’t care.  The lady officer tapped on my window and I rolled the window down. The smoke filling my car then escaped and hit the officer in the face giving her the opportunity to search the car.

I was asked to step out of the car and was searched. I did not bring any drugs to sell this night because I listened to the voice that said don’t bring anything tonight. So glad that I did listen to that voice which I know was God. The only thing I had on me was the leftover blunt I was smoking. The officer began searching the car and asked if I smoked a lot seeing all the trash from the blunts that had been used that day. I admitted I did smoke but I lied and said I had friends in the car with me that day. There was an opened bottle of liquor in the car and in my purse, the Dillinger. The officer asked was the Dillinger mine and I lied and said no. It really was mine and had been given to me from a drug business associate for protection. I did admit to drinking and smoking weed.

I was hand cuffed and taken to the back of the police vehicle. I then began to pray. I was not a spiritual person at the time and only knew 2 prayers, the Lord’s prayer and the Jabez prayer. I began crying and praying. I had just received probation for petty theft and battery (that’s another story), the law for 10-20-life had just been advertised, and it wasn’t looking good for me. But God was watching over me because I called on the name of the Lord in my distress and trouble and He heard my cry in my sin. Amen!

After an hour of crying and praying in that backseat of the police vehicle, the officer gave me these orders: walk a straight line, pour out the liquor, sign the gun over to us, and go in the club and sober up. What!!! God had delivered me! I didn’t even have to move my car which was illegally parked. I will never forget God’s love for me this day and will retell of His love and mercy forever.

You may not even realize the love for God you have built up on the inside of you, but God knows the heart. He does not look on the outside of us, He looks at the heart. Thank God! God heard my prayer, He heard my cries, and he delivered me out of my trouble because I called on Him to deliver me.

It does not matter what we are going through. God will meet us where we are. All we got to do is call on Him! He is watching over those who love Him, who will acknowledge Him, and it is Him who leads us in righteousness one step at a time. Praise the name of the Lord!

Thank you Lord for your amazing grace! God, my Deliverer, Moshia, watches over me and I love Him more now than ever before!

Walk in the Spirit,

Prophetess Deanna Mack

 

No comments:

Post a Comment