Wednesday, January 29, 2014

In the Midst of the Storm







Verse of the day: Psalm 13:5 (NIV)

But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.”

Storms may come, but they don’t last always, Amen! We put our hope and trust in God’s unfailing love knowing that he will bring us out right on time and rejoice in His saving grace.

As I sit and write this, I see snow outside, about a ¼ inch or so IN FLORIDA!  Yes, I don’t think I have ever seen snow on the ground in Florida, but a winter storm brought us some of God’s “wintery glory!”

In the midst of this storm, there is a calm and a peace when I look up to God and know that the storm will not last. The storms in my life will pass. My marriage will be brought out of the miry pit. I will trust in His love to bring us through, because His love never fails.

When Jesus was on the boat asleep, the disciples began to be worried about the storm that was tossing them to and fro. They ran to Jesus asking Him how could he sleep through the storm. They feared death. Jesus has the power over death and the grave and He was not troubled over the storm, but He rebuked the storm and the winds and the waves obeyed Him.

We trust in the Lord through the storm. He is able to give us peace and deliverance in the midst of the storm. Trouble may endure for the night, but joy comes in the morning. Praise Be the name of the Lord!

I thank God for His salvation and love for us, that in the midst of it all, His love endures, longsuffering and gentle. It’s a battle warring in the flesh, trying to overcome the emotions of life, but I submit to His will and press on in Christ. It is His good will that I prosper in the faith and in His love. This I will do as I commit my trust in the Lord.

Are you trusting God in the midst of the storm?

Let us rejoice in God our Savior and take joy in our King! Let us kneel before the Lord our Maker and trust in Him! Amen!

Walk in the Spirit,

Prophetess Deanna Mack

 


No comments:

Post a Comment