Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Reasons to Stay Married



So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

I can say that I love my marriage and how wonderful it is. I can tell you how we are an amazing couple and how we got it all together. The reality is that my marriage is under attack and I am holding on to a thread, breathing on thin air.

I thought when wedding bells rang that this was it. I had found the love of my life and we would spend the rest of our lives together. God has a plan but, the enemy does too, and if we are not strong we will surely crumble.

I find myself today trying to find encouragement in God in the midst of the “D” word. Usually, it is not me who brings up the “D” word but last night I did. I have grown tired and my hands went up like I am defeated. I told the devil I am not defeated. I will overcome these emotions. God already told me the battle was coming and it was already here. He prepared me for this day by giving me these words “be strong in the Lord and the powerof his might.” I didn’t know then what God was referring to exactly. I knew my marriage had been a roller coaster to say the least, but I didn’t know I would actually have the feeling of desiring a divorce.

How many of you know the enemy will give you reasons to move forward with a divorce. I went online and did a search for how to get a divorce and ran into this article, “5 Ways Divorce Benefits Kids.” I sat back and thought about all the benefits of letting go of marriage, tempting like the fruit in the Garden of Eden.

It wasn’t until this morning that I began to think about what God had been revealing to me in time. First of all, we had major problems over religious beliefs in 2011-2012. During this time I had several dreams of revelation as I sought God for our marriage. One dream I was following my husband and we were supposed to be going to see a plum tree. My husband decided to follow his own route to the tree instead of being led by the man of the house. I followed my husband from a distance as he went out a back side door. From the inside the back yard was gorgeous, but when we got outside the ground was broken and we had to jump from one piece of land to the next. My husband fell into a pit as I was following him. Then the man of the house came out with a bridge and we both ended up being reunited, getting on the bridge together, and going inside the house with the man. Inside this man had a Son and they were preparing gifts.

The revelation I got from this dream was that my husband would soon come back to the faith and we would go forth with the gospel, the gift of God.  God has recently been preparing me to be strong in Him, put on the armor of God, and stand firm. He has spoken to me through others to take being treated unkindly and stand strong in that, so that he will come to the Lord. Maybe it is me who will make the difference in the end for him coming back to Christ. Maybe the enemy is so set on keeping my husband from coming back, Satan is using me to kill my husband’s spirit. It makes sense to me that the devil would try to use me to destroy the man, the wife, and the family; the enemy comes to steal, kill, and destroy…marriage.

My thoughts of being miserable for the rest of my life are from the enemy. My thoughts of being more happy as a single mother than remaining in the marriage God has called me to is the devil in disguise. So I sit here to encourage myself because I need it right now as I am in this battle. I share this information to hopefully encourage others to look to God and what he has been revealing and preparing your hearts for in your situation. What is the spirit of God leading me to do?

After careful consideration and humbling myself, God is still in control and no matter what situation arises I am an overcomer. The devil can’t keep me down, I choose Christ, peace and rest in Him. Be strong in the Lord my sisters! God has a plan in the midst of our troubles. I will not submit to my feelings and the overwhelming urge to let go. I will hold on and let my testimony be “God did it!” I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me! When I am weak, He is strong so be strong and of good courage. In Him is peace and rest for my soul.

Will you let God determine the outcome of your marriage? Will you humble yourself and pray for your marriage?  Will you allow God to be the HEAD of your marriage and work all things for your good? God needs our humility to move in our hearts and if we let Him move, He can save our marriage. He has been saving our marriage over and again and today still is. God of a turn around! Amen!

Christ made the sacrifice and said not my will but God’s will be done. God loved us so much He sent His Son to die for us, so that we might live. Are we better than Christ? What sacrifice will we make for our families?

If only you had a machine that you could just shove your spouse into, type into the machine what you want, and the spouse comes out with all the details of your desires. This is the dream but it’s not the reality. We married into reality.

Philippians 4:13 (NKJV)

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”

The article I read gave me 5 reasons to get a divorce. Here are 10 Reasons to stay married.

1.      We said…For better or worse, through sickness and in health, for richer or poorer, until death do you part. (Remember your vows before God and man.)

2.      God hates divorce. (Malachi 2:16)

3.      Let no one (even yourself) separate what God has brought together (Matthew 19:6)

4.      Forgive 70 times 7 (Matthew 18:21-22)

5.      Love one another because God loves you (through your mistakes John 13:34-35)

6.      For my thoughts toward you are good and not evil for a good and expected end (Jeremiah 29:11)

7.      The enemy loves divorce, division, and separation because it is not the love of Christ. (John 10:10)

8.      We walk in the spirit-love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control (Galatians 5:22-23)

9.      God’s  strength is made perfect in our weakness (2 Corinthians 12:9)

10.  God has pity on the fatherless; a disadvantage to every child. (Psalm 10:14, Psalm 68:5, Psalm 82:3)

11.  There is strength in your testimony of overcoming through marriage and staying together. (Revelation 12:11)

12.  Love covers a multitude of sins (1 Peter 4:8, Pr. 10:12)



Okay, 12 reasons…and the list could keep going and get personal. Let God take the leading role in your marriage.

 

Walk in the Spirit,

Prophetess Deanna Mack
 

No comments:

Post a Comment