Thursday, July 24, 2014

Appreciate The Little Things

It's easy to encourage others before the storm but who encourages you during your storms?



This is usually the order of events...God ministers about a subject to equip you for the trial, the trial comes, and you think back on how well you used your equipment, right?!?

Well, I had a situation the other day which required me to look back at my previous post. I was encouraging others "Don't let the devil get you down!" Then here comes the devil...

My daughter fell Ill for a few days off and on and then the last time the fever hit, it stayed and went through the roof. So we took multiple measures to safely bring it down, but it shook me a bit. I found myself thinking how can I smile when my baby can't smile. It hurts a momma to see her baby like that.

During this time I began to reflect on ' the little things ' like her eating and feeding herself, her smile, her eyes wide open, her playfulness, and so on. All of a sudden I missed those ' little things'.
But glory to God... she rose again! Joy came and it didn't take all the way til morning, Amen! The Lord delivered my baby from that ugly fever praise God and today I'm just reflecting on those ' little things ' we sometimes take for granted.

Weeping is only temporary, but joy will come! His burden is easy, His yoke is light! He may not answer the way you see fit, but know He is there and His plan and timing is perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment